The communication department serves union and conference/mission officers and directors by providing communication and support services for the effective sharing of the gospel, organizational policies, and current information and church news with members, church employees, and the public.
The department will accomplish its mission by:
- Providing training and resources for communication directors
- Developing guidelines and uniform standards to ensure consistency, coherency, unity, and efficiency in the spreading of the gospel and the dissemination of information.
- Facilitating the optimum use of the resources in the union.
- Coordinating the sharing of skills and initiatives among union fields.
- Promoting the creation of a positive image of the Seventh-day Adventist Church and its mission.
Dr. Rolle received her Bachelor of Arts degree in Secondary Education from West Indies College (now Northern Caribbean University) in Mandeville, Jamaica and her Master of Arts in Secondary Teaching from Loma Linda University in California. She earned her Ed. S. and Ed. D. degrees in Educational Administration and Leadership from La Sierra University in Riverside, California.
Her contribution to the Bahamian community has included serving as a member of the Bahamas Association of Seventh-day Adventist Educators, the Bahamas Association of Independent Secondary Schools, the College of the Bahamas Council, the Bahamas Family Life and Health Education Advisory Board, and the Advisory Council on Education in the Bahamas. She has also served as a counselor in the Pathfinder organization.
In addition to reading, traveling, shopping, and fishing, Dr. Rolle loves working and interacting with children and young people.
She and her husband, Pedro, have two adult children, Pedro II and Myesha.