Pastor Michael Smith
Bio goes here
“Therefore I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands” 1 Timothy 1:6 NKJV.
Guided by the above text, the ministerial department of the Atlantic Caribbean Union seeks to encourage, affirm, and challenge its pastors and their spouses to a faithful commitment to their call to ministry and the execution of pastoral ministry, emulating the example of Christ in reaching members and non-members in the Bahamas, the Cayman Islands, and the Turks and Caicos Islands.
Therefore, in collaboration with the shepherdess organization, the ministerial department works through its counterparts at the local fields to:
- Provide relevant training to equip pastors to be effective agents of Christ in preaching, teaching, visiting, and enabling members to realize their potential in Christ.
- Facilitate the training and development of ministerial interns.
- Encourage pastors to learn an additional language, preferably French or Spanish, as a means to reaching effectively the various ethnic groups within the union’s territory.
- Source the relevant personnel and materials as well as encourage adequate budgetary provision for ongoing training and development of pastors in professional and graduate degree programs, therefore strengthening the ministerial force to fulfill the mission of the church and to be better equipped for today’s membership.
- Host a retreat once every five years, bringing pastors and spouses together to bond, retool, and fellowship.