The successful candidate will be responsible for providing professional leadership and management for Cayman Academy of Seventh-day Adventists, a K-12 institution, ensuring that all students receive a high-quality Adventist education in a supervised and safe environment; and instructional and support staff are empowered in a collaborative environment.
- Spiritual nurture of students, teachers, and support staff.
- Leadership and instructional supervision of all educational and support staff.
- Organizational management according to institutional policies and educational best practice.
- Creation and maintenance of a positive school climate conducive to wholesome learning.
- Creation and maintenance of a positive school-community environment.
- Promotion of team-building efforts among staff, students, and parents.
- Carry out functions of school leader as defined by the Cayman Islands Education Law (2016).
Minimum Candidate Requirements
- Master’s degree in Educational Administration or another field in education from an accredited institution
- Trained Teacher Certification
- Seventh-day Adventist Certification preferred
- Five (5) years’ experience as a principal, vice principal, senior teacher, or head of department preferably in an Adventist institution.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Understands and is committed to the distinctive qualities of Seventh-day Adventist education.
Gross Salary (Subject to statutory deductions): KYD44,622 (US53, 095) – KYD69,264 (US82,457) per annum
Additional benefits will be determined in accordance with the Working Policy of
the Seventh-day Adventist Church
INTERESTED PERSONS SHOULD SUBMIT THEIR RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
Principal Search Committee at
Deadline for receipt of applications: 22 November 2022